Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Life Pruned And Sustained By God's Grace

Former National TSCF President Mr. Brain Kakini (FL standing) with other Unitech TSCF Graduates during 2007 Graduands Night
Unitech TSCF Graduates during 2007 Graduands Night. I was once involved in Organizing a TSCF Graduands Night as a Chairman at Unitech. TSCF Graduand Night is a time when TSCF Ministry farewells the graduating students by having a party and presenting them with Ministry Certificates and gifts. It is a night to be remembered. TSCF Certificate speaks more than a CV. It is like recommendation letter from God. I was once given a certificate and a gift. I got my first job using a TSCF certificate. It speaks of trustworthy.

How it all started!

After the Graduation from the University of Technology (Unitech) on 26th March 2004, I moved over to Madang to look for a job. Many prayers had been offered to God to give me a job but the more I prayed, the more I waited and my patience began to run out. As being the Vice President of Tertiary Students Christian Fellowship (TSCF) at Unitech in 2003, I thought God would easily give me a job. But it never happened.

I recalled the words of wisdom from Dr. Misty Baloiloi, the Vice Chancellor of Unitech spoke to me one time. “Son, do not think that being in the front line of God's Dream Team (i.e TSCF), God would give you are job so easily. Never think like that to guard your heart to depend on God. For some people, God can give right on the spot. For others, God wants to bring them to a place where they become nobody and God becomes somebody to be depended upon.” That really happened and Dr. Baloiloi's words worked in my life.

I prayed and fasted all day and night. In the evenings, I would spend time along Kalibobo Light House and went back to sleep at mid nights. In the mornings, I would wake up so as early as 5 am to pray along the same beach of Kalibob. It seemed that God did not listen. But I thank God for those times that drove me even closer to Him. Of course, God knows when and what is best for us.

I applied to many jobs in Madang and other parts of PNG but some were unsuccessful while others were not even replied. “Lord, it's not a mistake that You gave a person like me a degree to live without a job”. I prayed one day. “Whatever You want to do with my life, I surrender”.

Life was not that easy. During those days of my depending on God for a job, I remembered my poor parents back at home. They spent their entire marital hood life raising me up and not only that, they paid for my school fees from primary to university study level. Tears started to fall as I remembered them and prayed. My parents are my life. Without them, I do not think God will just drop me down from the Heaven. I value them so much. I pray that God will bless them with good health and they will live a happy life.

I also remembered a Good Samaritan that came to my aid when I was in need of school fees back in 2002 and 2003 academic years. He is Mr. Kalos whom I will always remember. Though Mr. Kalos was a folk lift driver, he closed is eyes to sow into my education with amounts ranging from K700.00 to K1000.00. He is my angel, I value him so much. During that time, I did not go home to look for school fees. I stayed back at the TSCF fellowship building called Christian Center at Unitech. I became a pulpit boy like Prophet Samuel spending my holidays there. I would sit back and write letters to Porgera Joint Venture (PJV) and many other companies for school fee assistance. For three consecutives years, PJV assisted me with K500.00. Thank God for that. I also value the Enga Provincial Governments Education Policy under the leadership of Governor Peter Ipatas. I have benefited a lot from these schemes.

I even remembered my cousin Darry. She would give me all I needed. “Lord, how will I give in return for all these investments?” I cried out to Him.

My first job with Raycom Computers - Madang In my dorm

I was without a job for almost 3 months after my graduation. It was one Monday morning (June 14, 2004), I decided to snick my nose to any office in town. That weekend, I prepared my CV and other references and put them together in an envelope. I woke up early that Monday, and got dressed up. I walked out of the house to direct myself to a place called Raycom Computers. I knocked at the door of the office of the Manager. The Manager's name was Mr. Ray. I gave him my documents that I prepared during the weekend and told him that I want to work with your company. With those documents, I also included a copy of TSCF certificate.

Mr. Ray looked at me and saw my papers. After awhile, he said “No, we do not need anybody now”. Well, I do not have to argue about that. That was his final decision. Then the Holy Spirit impressed my heart to tell Mr. Ray. “Can I just attach with your company to do my practical without pay?” "Alright, that would be fine. I saw a Christian Certificate in your application so I trust you. You can do that," Mr. Ray said.

That was my first day at work. All the workers there had their eyes focused on a stranger who was willing to surrender his life to the service without being paid.

On Thursday of that week, I was doing my job without supervision. There comes a worker from Coast Watchers Hotel. He was in a desperate need to get his external disk drive reader fixed. He asked me if I could fix within an hour because there were some important documents to be retrieved using that driver. I told myself; Lord I need you in this. I have never handled one like this before.

I played around with the disk reader and finally it was working within 15 minutes. The disk driver could not eject the disk and that was the problem. “Praise God, now it is working”. I said to myself while experiencing an overwhelming joy flowing within me. There wasn't any major problem. I just touched the driver with my hand after I connected to a computer in front of me and it all started working.

I checked it again and again to find out if it was really true and indeed it was. I called the guy in 20 minutes time to come and pick it up. He brought a big pizza as compliment with K65.00 as service fee. I gave the pizza and money to Mr. Ray. With no time remaining, he told the payroll clerk to put me on the payroll. Praise God. God is Amazing!

I worked with that company as a fulltime staff member. My salary was K200.00 per fortnight and I was thankful for that. While working with the company, I bought a generator and some acoustic guitars for my local church back at home. I donated everything they had requested from me. I supported the work of the Lord with the little that I got. Praise God, I was looking for ways to experience God's abundant blessings. For me, giving was a blessing indeed. TSCF members in Madang would testify that whenever there was a TSCF fundraising activities, God helped me to be a channel of blessing to them.

After 3 months of working with Raycom computers, I met a TSCF friend of mine. He is Emong from Kainantu, EHP. He was my senior student during my University life. He graduated in 2002 but did not get any job. I prayed about my job and decided to resign. On 24th of September, 2004, I resigned.

I told my friend Emong to prepare his documents to go and see Mr. Ray as I did before. During the time I met my friend Emong, I forgot about my cries and prayers being offered to God for a job. I wanted Emong to work in that company and I resigned.

After couple of days, Emong was employed by Mr. Ray. One statement that really blessed me was, when Ray asked Emong, “who told you that there was a job vacancy here?” Emong mentioned my name. Then Mr. Ray told Emong, “Jeffers was a trustworthy and a hard working employee”.
My second job with RD Fishing - Madang Madang Divine Word University TSCF Students

I stayed without a job for almost 3 weeks. This time, I had peace. I knew that there would be a door open for me. Finally, I was employed by RD Fishing Company in Madang on 18th October 2004. A bigger company than Raycom and I learnt a lot there.

While I was working with RD Fishing Company, I tried my best to tell the IT manager of the RD Tuna Company to employ my friend Emong. Brother Emong came for interview with the Manager and finally he was employed and was working there since then.

I was still serving the Lord through involving in TSCF Ministry as the National Associate Staff for Madang Region. During my capacity as the Associate Staff, we have received enormous support from the churches, families and individuals in Madang region. Some of the major highlights were:

* We had the TSCF Graduates Night for the first in 2005 where former Chief Justice Sir Arnold Amet was the guest speaker at Madang Teachers Teacher's college. Graduands Night is still being organized annually since then to farewell graduating students.

* We had a Major fund raising activity being hosted at Madang Resort Hotel in April 2006. Thanks to Mr. Namba Tumu and Mr. John Patrick for their effort, time and resources. Unitech Vice Chancellor Dr, Misty Baloiloi was the guest speaker.

* We coordinated the graduates fellowship for the first time in that region with Dr. Vincent Auta as the leading person.

At that time, I was also serving the Lord as the President of Enga Christian Student Association. We had conferences annually during the Christmas holidays. Serving God in such areas is a joy that over flows within me. I thank God for those opportunities to build me up as a person.

I resigned from my job with RD Fishing in Madang on the 12th of January 2006 thinking to start up my own business. I got a lot of clients for my Business called Jeffersonic Engineering. I could make the money I earned from my Salary with RD Fishing in an hour with my own company. I was paid K2.70 per hour while I was working with RD Fishing which was about K240 per fortnight.

Whilst working with RD Fishing, I operated a retail store in Sisiak stage 3. God was indeed blessing me for what I sowed. The K50.00 of my salary from RD Fishing went to Joseph Kingal Ministries account every fortnight apart from the tithes and offering. Also K10.00 of my salary went to Christian Men's Network in Madang. These were some of the things I was involving in.

One day, I was challenged by the Holy Spirit as I was getting a lot of money from my company. “Son, why are you getting into private business. What is your main motive?” The inner voice challenged me. I could not give an answer right away. It took me about one and half week to answer after spending much quite times.

The Holy Spirit spoke to me, “son, it's not about your name, nor your fame, nor your ideals that you may dream of, but it's all about bringing glory to God. Become a channel of blessing so that families and friends will be saved first through your life and then blessed by your life. From the Book of Genesis to Revelation, the Word of God contained there are not for animals and plants but for the people. IF you concern about the people of God, God will surely multiply and bless you abundantly that you will have no rooms to store. He will fill you with wisdom to handle and share the blessings with people.” I cried all night. I wrote this down on my dairy.

Lord also impressed my heart that the timing for me to get into private business was not right. I paused for a while after hearing Him.

On 2nd February 2006, I made my way down to base camp Lae (Unitech). I met with my spiritual dad Henry Sakulas. “Son what are you doing here?” he asked me. “Dad, I just came here for a visit”, I replied. He took me to his office. I told all of my stories to him. He said, “By this time around, Chinese Government Scholarship is published in the newspapers. Try to look for one and apply to go for further studies because you are still young”. I took his advice seriously and prayed about it. I came back to Madang the next day and submitted my application for the Chinese Scholarship on the 6th of Feb 2006. I submitted my application about 2 weeks early before the Scholarship advertisement came out on Wednesday February 15, 2006. Later I will mention that the person who was first to apply was the last to be awarded a scholarship.
During this time, we had one of our end of the month combine fellowships. Ps Sesere from Lae came over to minister the word fo God. I had only K50.00 that time. I gave that to Ps Sesere and told him, "I want to see a miracle so I am sowing". I tested God to get the Chinese Government Scholarship so I had to give all I had.

Interview with the Chinese Embassy Former National TSCF President Tom Lepatu (L) & Former Unitech TSCF President Johnson

Mum Elizabeth Dujambi with Johnson (L) & Allan (R) Former Unitech SRC President

On 8th of May 2006 at 11 am, I received a call from Chinese Embassy in Port Moresby (POM). That was Mr. Wang Li who called me. Mr. Li told me to come for an interview in POM on the 25th of the same month. Mr. Li told me to bring the copies of references, and academic transcripts because I did not see the advertisement and applied earlier without the required documents. I need to pick up two recommendation letters from my lecturers at Unitech.

On 15th May, I traveled back to Unitech and asked Dr. Raturi and Prof. Sam Renagi for recommendation letters each. Both were my lecturers while I was a student there.

The next day, I picked up the one Dr. Raturi wrote it for me and gave time for Prof Sam to do another one. There weren't much time remaining so I told the secretary of Prof Sam to fax it to me in Madang. I left for Madang in the afternoon.

On the 16th of May, I went to medical check-up at Madang Modilon Hospital. Nothing was wrong with my body and I got my Medical certificates stamped. On the 17th of May, I got the faxed recommendation letter from Prof Sam. Thank God, everything was in place.

I had some clients owing some money from my company. I tried to follow them up but not much had been paid so that I can purchase a ticket down to POM for my interview on 25th.

A gentle and a precious Man of God, Evangelist Tom Lepatu sent me K250 to help me purchase my ticket. Much of my money has not been paid and I had only K355.00 cash on hand. With Bro Tom's contribution, I purchased a Special Way Return Ticket to fly on the 24th.

At 13:25 flight on 24th May, I boarded the plane to POM. I stayed with a General of God brother Une O'ome in his apartment. Next day was 25th and that was the day I supposed to see Mr. Li at the Chinese Embassy. I went there at 9am and Mr. Li interviewed me. He rejected my application forms, academic transcripts and references because I did not put a notarized stamp. I also have to fill in again the medical form that was provided.

I came out quickly from the Embassy and then into the Correctional Services Head Quarters Building. I had a friend whose name was Regina Kupper. She had served the Correctional Service for a long time. I went into the building to ask for Regina but she wasn't there in her office that day. Apart from her, I did not know anybody. I asked if they had a legal counsel and a lady told me they had. I went to his office and asked politely if he could help me put the stamp in all my application papers. He was willing to help me without any charge. Praise God, all was done.

Oh, not over yet, I had to go to the POM General Hospital to get my blood tested and have X-rays. It was a big hospital and I had never been there before. I asked a nurse if she could help me to locate the right people for the test. Praise God, she was willing to do that. I paid K20.00 for the tests and all was done. Amen! At 2pm the same day, I went back again to the Embassy. Mr. Li was so surprised how I had managed to get all that done. Well, I knew that, by God's sufficient grace, I can do all things. Amen!

Mr. Li was excited. He told me that my chance of being selected was 50% because of too many people had applied for only 13 spaces. Well, I told him that I applied two weeks in advance before you advertised the scholarship, and also I had to fly in from Madang and it costed me a lot of money. “Mr. Li, please give me the scholarship for this”, I pleaded.

On my way back to Mr. Une apartment, a song that whispered out from my heart, “I know without a shadow of doubt that the Lord will help me and make a way”. Wow, that was the song that drove me up along the Waigani drive.

On 31st May 2006, I flew back to Madang. I stayed there for 2 weeks doing my private work. It was in June 14th 2006, Tom Lepatu and I were invited to minister in a crusade in Kabwum District, Morobe Province. We flew over by MBA Air service. During the crusade, people were touched, healed and delivered by the power of God. We stayed there for a week and returned on the to Lae on 21st. The next day, I was back in Madang with all the gifts that they offered me during the crusade. Gifts ranging from beautiful bags to hens and many things.

Notice from the Northeastern University (NEU) Team up with Local students at NEU

Involving in student activities at NEU

Beautiful campus of NEU

On 11th July 206, I decided to call Mr. Li of the Chinese Embassy. “Hello, Mr. Li, I am Jeffers from Madang. I came for the interview last time for the Chinese Government Scholarship. Do you remember me?” I asked. “Yes I do”, Mr. Li answered. “I wanted to follow up on my application. Any good news?” I asked. He said, “Well Jeffers, I regret to tell you that your application was not successful. The scholarship office in Beijing has not selected you. You can try again next year”. That was Mr. Li’s response. Well, I did not say much. “Thank you Mr. Li, I just wanted to know that. We tried and we did not get a good result so we will try next year. You have a nice day and safe stay in POM”, I wished him good luck.

I was really down. I could not eat and sleep well that night. “Father, what did I do?” I cried. “I just came back from a crusade in Kabwum. Lord, I am meeting your needs, can you meet my needs?” I thought of the song that sprung out my heart in Waigani Drive. “Without the shadow of doubt, He will make a way for me and help me?” My song became of insignificance that night. Well, in good and bad times, His name be praised. He is forever faithful. Amen!

God has His own ways of dealing with His children. His ways are higher than our ways. His thoughts are higher than my thoughts.

In the morning of 15th July, I checked my email and found this email in my inbox. The email was first written in Chinese then translated into English.
Subject: Notice from Northeastern University
Friday, July 14, 2006 7:34 PM
From: "lxsh"
View contact details
To: thjeffers@yahoo.com






Dear Mr. Jeffers,

We are so pleased that you are going to further you study in Northeast University (NEU) in September, 2006. You will be warmly welcomed when you arrive at our university.

NEU is located in Shenyang, Liaoning Province in China. It is not only known as its beautiful campus, but also famous for its terrific academic atmosphere, by which you will be deeply impressed. So we are sure that you will certainly enjoy you campus life here.

In view that you may not know how to get to NEU, we hope you to remind the teacher, who arranges the accommodation and travel for you in Beijing Language University, to tell us the Time you leave for Shenyang and the Number of train you will take, in order that we can meet you at the railway station.

If we fail to meet you at the station because of something unexpected, please take a taxi. The fee is about: 15 RMB (Shenyang Railway Station to NEU), or 20 RMB (from Shenyang Northern Railway Station to NEU)If you come across some trouble on the way to NEU, you may contact with one of our staff, Mr. Li. His telephone number is: 83687293 (office); 13322454999(cell phone)


NEU International Exchange Center
Wow! I did not breathe at that time. I was over joyous like the joy that I experienced during the time when I fixed the Disk Reader at Raycom. I read it over and over again. It was indeed a miracle. I thanked God for that.

At the same time, I called Mr. Li at the Chinese Embassy in POM however Mr. Li was away for holidays. There was another Chinese fellow was in charge of the scholarship. His name was Wang. “Mr. Wang, see, I got an acceptance letter from Northeastern University in China. I am not sure why you guys did not give me the scholarship?” I asked. Mr. Wang paused for a moment and said, “Ok, faxed those staff over and also forward those through email.”

I did send a fax and forwarded the email to Mr. Wang. By that time, I knew that I was heading for China. When Lord opens a door, no one closes it. On the 18th July, I celebrated my birth day with the celebrations of the scholarship.
After I forwarded the email and this was Mr. Wang's response.
Re: Notice from Northeastern University
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:54 PM
From: "chinaemb_pg@mfa.gov.cn"
View contact details
To: "Jeffers. H Teargun" thjeffers@yahoo.com

hi, jeffers,this is the only email i received from you. have you sent me other e-mails concerning your communications with NEU?

wang zhenyu
Chinese Embassy
At the same time, I was contacting with the Northeastern University about the Scholarship. Below are our communication emails:

Re: Re: Notice from Northeastern University
Monday, July 24, 2006 7:42 PM
From: "lxsh"
View contact details
To: "Jeffers. H Teargun" thjeffers@yahoo.com

Dear Mr. Jeffers,

We have no idea why your name is not in the list of scholarship. But we have received your APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP from CHINA SCHOLARSHIP COUNCIL, so we have the plan to accept you in the next term as the arrangement. We do suggest that you'd better check with your Embassy to see whether you are allowed to further your study in NEU.

NEU International Exchange Center
Mr. Wang from the embassy told me that my documents are being sent again to Beijing for reconsideration and it might take about two weeks. Praise God, you guys do that.

It was this time that I decided to go home and inform by parents that I would be going to China. On 5th August, I headed for home with aunt “mummy” by MAF to Mt. Hagen via Goroka. I stayed at home with my parents for 3 days. They prayed for me and released me. We had a big party at home as a family.

On 10th August, I was back in Madang by MAF again via Goroka after a day in Mt Hagen. On Wednesday 16th at 2.14 pm, I received a call from Mr. Wang. “Jeffers, I am glad to inform you that you have been given a Chinese Government scholarship to do your further studies in China”. “Praise God! Mr. Wang what did you say?” “Am I given a scholarship?” “Yes”, he answered. “Haleluyah! Thank you so much, Mr. Wang!” I responded. “You are welcome!” He said. “You should be here at the embassy before 28th August for a farewell function.” “I will be there, Mr. Wang, good bye.” I turned off my mobile phone and went into my room and wept, thanking God for the breakthrough.

Farewell Fellowship at Madang Technical College
Cutting the farewell cake at the fellowship at Madang Technical College

TSCF Regional Patron John Patrick (L) with Mr. Namba Tumu (R) during the farewell fellowship
TSCF Graduates during the farewell fellowship. (L-R) Rex, Leo, Tweedy, Amdy, Kenneth

Ending over the responsibility of TSCF National Associate Staff to Jonah Kahsium during the farewell fellowship

Receiving gift from the Divine Word University TSCF executives Daniel & Grace during the farewell fellowship

On the 25th August 2006, during the end of the month combine fellowship for Madang TSCF, I had my farewell function. A lot of friends, TSCF students and supporters turned up for that night. One of them was my former English Teacher at Aiuyra National High School Loujiaya Duna with some Seventh Day Adventist Church members. Some graduates and parents TSCF also attended including Madang regional Coordinator Kenneth Zale, Tweedy Malagan (CUSO rep), John Patrick (regional TSCF parent) and Mr. Namba Tumu. (TSCF dad)

During our farewell fellowship, Mr. Tumu prophesied and said, “When Madang and PNG losses Jeffers for next four years, China will gain”. I could not believe how China will gain from a simple person like me. I am not a politician. The Lord watches for this prophesy to come to pass in my life. I am now serving the Lord as the President of International Christian Students in China.

Some of the highlights during my term here in China were; inviting Evangelist Joseph Kingal from PNG as the guest speaker in two separate conferences in 2007 and 2009 respectively. Another major highlight among so many things was; Lord used me as the divine contact point to link the churches in Russia with Evangelist Joseph Kingal Ministries through Ps Oleg. Ps Kingal went to Russia to minister the word of God for 14 days in September 2008. Indeed, the word of God through Mr. Tumu’s prophesy during my fare wall fellowship came to pass in my life.

I woke up early morning and said goodbye to friends and relatives and I arrived in POM on the 27th of August. On the 28th, I invited Une and my cousin Luke to the farewell function hosted at the Chinese Embassy in POM at 6pm. There, I met other PNG students who have been given the scholarship.

During the function, they gave us the acceptance letters with traveling tickets and US$100 dollars.
I had to get a transit visa from the Australian Embassy. Next day was 29th August. I rushed to the embassy and just in front of the gate; I met Daniel Pepson and his mother trying to get the same transit visa. Daniel got his transit visa already, and next on the line was me. The Chinese Embassy gave the names of the students to the Australian Embassy in advance. There wasn’t any problem with getting the transit visa. We just presented our tickets and acceptance letters. To my surprise, my name was not in the list of PNG students. I wondered why? The lady at the visa section was looking at me again and looking at the papers to check whether I was the genuine person. I gave my passport to her.

By the way, while mentioning the passport, this is how I got mine. During those days while I was working with RD Fishing, I just decided to apply for the passport. The Lord impressed by heart that, some day, somehow, I will be getting out of PNG. I applied in October 2005 but got it on 10th January 2006. I paid about K200.00. K50.00 for service fee, another K50.00 for birth certificate and K100.00 for the passport. So praise God, I did not rush around in POM to get my passport.

The lady was confused why my name was not on the PNG students list. I was nervous but I had peace in my heart. After checking thoroughly through all those papers containing the names, I found my name just at the bottom of the paper and it was so easily to be skipped. No wonder, I was the last person to be given the scholarship. Interesting indeed! First person to apply and last to be given scholarship.

Daniel’s mother had a left-handed drive car. She drove Daniel and I to the airport to confirm that flight details. All our flights were confirmed.

One thing that caused me to felt sad was that, all the other PNG students were to leave on Friday 1st September, 2006 at midday. However, for me, it was scheduled on Sunday the 3rd September. To make things even complicated, I had to leave POM Jackson's airport at 15:10 in the afternoon and arrive in Sydney in the night. Poor Jeffers! But God's grace had seen me through. Amen!

Northeastern University Campus

Northeastern University campus

When I found out that I would be late for the registration because of the flight schedule, I informed my University (Northeastern University) to extend the registration date for me. The following is my email to the University.
Re: Admission at NEU & Travel Arrangement
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 9:01 AM
From: "Jeffers. H Teargun"
View contact details
To: "lxsh"

>Dear Sir/Madam,>

Good day. I already accepted the Admission Notice from your reputable University (NEU). This note is to remind you of my travel itinerary from Papua New Guinea to Beijing via Sydney. Since I will be there in Beijing on the 04th Sept 2006, I will probably arrive at the NEU on the same day or a day later if I face any problem on my way. Since the registration closes on 05th Sept, I kindly ask if you could give me a grace period to extend the registration. Otherwise, I'll arrive on the day for the registration. Please make arrangement to pick me up at the airport.

> Please see my travel itinerary below;>

1. > Jeffers HEPTOL,>
2. FLIGHT: QF 325 Y, Date: 03 SEPT, From: POM to SYD, Time: 1510 to 2025>
3. Flight: CA 178 B, Date: 04 SEPT, From: SYD to PEK, Time: 1120 to 2305>
Thank you so much and I am happy to see you.

Jeffers T Heptol (Mr.)
And the email below was their response.

Re: Admission at NEU & Travel Arrangement
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 6:01 PM
From: "lxsh" lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn
To: "Jeffers. H Teargun" thjeffers@yahoo.com

Dear Jeffers,
You may make the registration on September 5th. And how are you going to get to Shenyang from Beijing? By train or by plane? You have to tell us the time arriving in Shenyang before we meet you. Tel No.:024-83687293 from 8:30-12:00 & 14:00-17:00


NEU International Exchange Center

Congratualtion messages received from TSCF beloveds Mum Rena with Unitech TSCF graduates during the 2007 Graduands night

Unitech TSCF graduates at Unitech during the Graduands night

Unitech TSCF Graduates at Nazab

While I was waiting for the days to roll over before the Sunday 03rd September, I received an enormous Congratulation messages from TSCF beloveds throughout PNG after Une broke the news after my email: Thank God for their hearts.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeffers. H Teargun
To: Une O'ome ; Une O'ome
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:28 PM
Subject: Heading for China

Good day and God bless. Hope you are fine. Bro, I'll come on Sunday 27th at 8:05 arrival at POM. I secured the scholarship to study in China. I'll fly to Sydney on 3rd Sept & to China on 4th.
Please call me since I'm using the public internet cafe. See you.
Yours bro,
Mobile: 6890255
Here are some of them of the congratulations messages I received. . .
*From Une O'ome (Former Unitech TSCF President)

Subject: Fw: Heading for China

CONGRATULATIONS.. We r so proud of you... We rejoice with you because one of our fellow men has been awarded an opportunity amidst so many who compete for such Scholarships. We believe through God that you will be successful in what you have stepped out to do.

For those who do not know Mr. Heptol, he was the TSCF Unitech Vice President in 2003 when Johnson was the President. Jeffers spent about a week with me about 2 months ago to put in his application and go through the interview sessions and am so excited that he has been awarded the scholarship through Gods Grace.
Praise the Lord.
God bless you all.
Une (POM)
*From Mum Rena Gonduan (Unitech TSCF parent)
Hooray Jeffers, There are no boundaries and limitations in God. You have done all of us proud to be an ambassador for Christ & PNG in China.
We celebrate your achievement, na Noken stap olgeta, yu mas kam bek gen.
Mum (Unitech)

*From Basil (former Music Director Unitech TSCF)

Thanks for filling my in-box and keeping me informed. You all take care and continue to hold our families, relatives and friends in prayer. Well Mr. Heptol, China awaits the potential in you mate... go out there and make a difference cause we believe God has a plan and a purpose for you there. Yes and keep us informed with the updates..... just incase your hair turns spikie, your eyes a bit slanted and your skin turns yellow..... like you know..... anyways... Congratulations bro! Cheers y'all

Basil (PJV)

*From Shannon Sariman (Unitech TSCF Graduate)

Hey Jeffers, Nihao!!!! So you're going to China huh!!! Bro...congrats to the max!!!! 4 years??? Aiyoh pilisi.....tokples saina bai kilim yu taim yu kam bek long peles yahh. Make sure you attend the 2008 Olympic games (if you're going to be studying in Beijing) and send us some pics when you do attend the games if not then just send us some pics with some Chinese folk...that'll do....hahaha......LOL. Wanbel stap. Rgds,
Shannon (Unitech)

*From Raevo (Unitech TSCF Graduate)

An achievement well deserved…God ordains and appoints where He sees fit…..
May God be glorified in all and I pray wisdom and success in your studies abroad….Please do keep in touch…
Be Blessed,
Raevo (POM)

*From Mathew Hasu (Former Unitech TSCF Graduate)
Praise God,
Be a great ambassador of PNG as well as the Kingdom of God there.
Matthew Hasu (POM)

*From Lawrence Na'awi (Former Unitech TSCF Publicity officer)

Bro Jeffers you have a safe trip to China and may God continue to bless you as you venture out into new areas.
You take care and God bless you

Lawrence Na'awi (OK Tedi)

*From Dr. Vincent Atua (UPNG TSCF Graduate)

Dear Jeffers;

Praise God indeed he has truly been good and faithful to you. Congratulations on your scholarship.I am proud of you.
Vincent. (Madang)

*From Jackson Kario (Former Unitech TSCF Music Director)

Your gain is our enjoyment. Congratulations from my wife, daughter Suelianne and myself.
Bless God from whom all good things flow!!
Jackson Kariko (POM)
*From Mathew Beno (Former Unitech TSCF President) 

Am joining chorus with others in congratulating you of that. May the good Lord bless your future endeavors.
Matt (POM)

*From Sheila (Former Unitech TSCF Librarian)

"Hello Little (rather big) Dreamer" / Mr. Millionaire!!
Thank you! shall pass your Words of Encouragement to Emma and Congratulations - 4 years in China!! Do keep in touch with us when you get there.

Sheila mentioned Emma (who was the Unitech TSCF graduate) because her dad just passed away with the same week. These were the emails circulated.

From Sheila
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 11:25 AM Subject: Re: Passing of Mr. Aenamero
Sheila.Sailasa wrote:
Good morning all,

This is to advise you of the sudden passing of Emma's father on Monday thisweek. Emma has flown over from Pom and is currently with the family inGoroka till the burial most probably on Friday 01st September. Emma can be contacted through Florence's phone (682 4991) and any contributions can bemade to:
Account Name: Florence PlinduoAccount
Number: 1000 344 161
Branch: BSP Goroka
Please uphold in prayer.

From me:

Hi Sheila, and all the beloveds,

Thanks for passing the infor to us that we can remember our sister Emma by helping her and praying for her and her family at this time of sorrow. My heartfelt condolence to her and her family members. My prayers are with her and her family members at this time of need. I am on my way to China for 4 yrs and I am fly out of the country this Sunday. God bless you all and may God be the father to Sist Emma and her family. God will nurse her family. Is 49:15,16, & Ps 27:10.

Thanks and may the Lord's finger touch your hearts today.

Note: In the next update, I will share an article on how I made to China from PNG via Australia. It wasn't easy through out the journey, but I thank God that He has seen me through. I hope you are blessed by this experience. Lord bless!


  1. From: "Tero, Stanjoe (Porgera)"

    Good afternoon Bro,

    Don't know why I'm writing you this email but only God knows why.

    Just came across one of your blogs (http://thjeffers.blogspot.com/) and I'm so blessed!

    Blessed arvo,
    Stanjoe. (pjv)

  2. Mat Y says:

    bro, good life story
    great staff


  3. angeline says:
    finished it! was a wonderful testimony!


  4. Georgina says:

    You have brought tears to my eyes. Your life testimony will be an encouragement and blessing to many...Keep going, your doing fine!

    am copying it to Ferguson to go on the graduates updates and Daddy also.



  5. Gene says:

    Hi, bata..

    I just read your blog...really God bless.....I am blessed.

    All those Photos..very nice..bro.

    We can invent the future today!

  6. Bro, dont know you but by reading through the wonders God has done and is doing t you, I praise God. The Lord be glorified through you.


    steven clay

  7. I love your countries , would you like give me more information about your contries

  8. I don't know you, but reading through this has brought tears to my eyes. You're indeed a blessing to many. I am blessed.